Pregnancy is a fantastic time in a woman’s life. Your body is going through many changes, which can be both exhilarating and exhausting.
One thing that pregnant women often forget to consider is how their mattress might be impacting their Pregnancy. When choosing a mattress during Pregnancy, there are a few things to remember.
Firstly, you want to make sure that the mattress provides adequate support. This is important for your back and your overall comfort.
Secondly, you want to choose a mattress free of harmful chemicals and materials. Pregnant women should also avoid too-soft beds is can increase the risk of SIDS.
With all these factors in mind, let’s look at the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
We researched long and hard to replace our Best Mattress For Pregnancy.
We recommend using Linenspa, and Queen 2 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper, as it is our top pick for you.
A new study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has shown that pregnant women avoid sleeping on their backs due to a higher risk of developing preeclampsia.
Sleep may cause increased blood pressure, leading to this dangerous condition.
So what’s the solution? Mattresses!
Here we’ll explore how mattresses can help alleviate these risks during Pregnancy and ensure you get your rest without worry.
Sleeping on your back while pregnant poses an elevated risk for preeclampsia, so it’s essential to find a mattress that will keep you comfortable and provide support through all stages of Pregnancy with varying needs as time progresses.
Read Next – Best Serta Mattress for Pregnancy
The Best Mattress For Pregnancy
The article, Mattress For Pregnancy: All You Need To Know About Getting A New One, provides information about the importance of having a quality mattress and how to find one that is comfortable during Pregnancy.
It also offers tips on what mattress mattresses are best for pregnant women.
This blog has provided great insight into this topic so you can make better decisions when buying your new set of sheets!
Read Next – Best Twin Mattress Canada in 2022
Different types of mattresses
Regarding pregnant women, different mattresses can offer different levels of support and comfort.
Some pregnant women prefer a firmer mattress, while others want a softer one.
There are also mattresses specifically designed for pregnant women that offer extra support for the growing belly and back.
Here is a look at some of the different types of mattresses that pregnant women can choose from:
- Firm Mattress – A firm mattress is a good option for pregnant women who want extra support for their growing belly and back. This mattress will provide a solid surface for the body to rest on and can help reduce pain in the lower back and hips.
- Soft Mattress – A soft mattress is a good choice for pregnant women who want a little more cushioning for their bodies. This type of mattress will provide more give than a firm mattress and can help to ease pain in the lower back and hips.
- Pillow-Top Mattress – A pillow-top mattress is a good choice for pregnant women who want an extra layer of cushioning on their beds. This mattress has an additional layer of padding on top of the regular mattress surface and can provide added comfort during Pregnancy.
- Memory Foam Mattress – A memory foam mattress is made from a viscoelastic material that contours to the body’s shape. This mattress can provide excellent support for the growing belly and back and can also help reduce pain in the lower back and hips.
- Air Mattress – An air mattress is a good choice for pregnant women who want a firm, supportive surface that can be adjusted to their liking. This mattress has an adjustable air chamber that can be inflated or deflated to provide support and comfort.
- Waterbed Mattress – A waterbed mattress is a good choice for pregnant women who want a softer, more cushioning surface. This mattress is filled with water and can provide a very comfortable sleeping surface.
Pros and cons of different types of mattresses
Pregnant women can choose a few different mattresses: memory foam, latex, innerspring, and adjustable.
Each mattress type has pros and cons that you should consider before making a purchase.
Memory foam mattresses are very supportive and can help to relieve pain in the back, hips, and shoulders. However, they can be pretty hot to sleep on, and some people find them too soft.
Latex mattresses are also very supportive and can help to relieve pain in the back, hips, and shoulders. They are cooler to sleep on than memory foam mattresses, but some people find them too firm.
Innerspring mattresses are not as supportive as memory foam or latex mattresses but are cooler to sleep on.
They may not be as comfortable for pregnant women who suffer from back pain, but they are a good option for those who want a more excellent sleeping surface.
Adjustable mattresses are becoming more popular for pregnant women because they can adjust the firmness level.
This can be helpful if you start to experience back pain during your Pregnancy or want a softer sleeping surface. Adjustable mattresses can be expensive, but they may be worth the investment if you also plan to use them after Pregnancy.
Best mattress for Pregnancy
Pregnant women need a comfortable and supportive mattress to get a good night’s sleep.
The best mattresses for Pregnancy are usually softer than average to provide extra cushioning for the growing belly.
Many pregnant women sleep better on their side, so a mattress with good side support is essential. Some pregnant women like to have a pillow between their legs for comfort.
Here are our picks for the best mattresses for Pregnancy:
Saatva Classic Mattress – Best Overall
The Saatva Classic Mattress is our top pick for the best mattress for Pregnancy, thanks to its luxury features and construction.
The Saatva Classic Mattress is available in two different firmness levels, so you can choose the one that’s right for you. This mattress has a coil-on-coil system, providing excellent support and pressure relief. It also has a soft pillow top layer for added comfort.
Nectar Sleep Mattress – Best Value
The Nectar Sleep Mattress is an excellent value option that’s perfect for pregnant women who need a little extra support. This mattress is made with memory foam which contours to your body and provides excellent pressure relief.
It also has a firmness level of 6, which is perfect for side sleepers. The Nectar Sleep Mattress comes with a risk-free trial period, so you can try it out before you commit to it.
Casper Wave Mattress – Best for Side Sleepers
The Casper Wave Mattress is our top pick for the best mattress for side sleepers. This mattress is made with memory foam and latex, which contours your body and provides excellent pressure relief.
It also has a firmness level of 7, which is perfect for side sleepers. The Casper Wave Mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial period, so you can try it out before you commit to it.
Purple Mattress – Best for Back Sleepers
The Purple Mattress is our top pick for the best mattress for back sleepers. This mattress is made with memory foam and latex, which contours your body and provides excellent pressure relief.
It also has a firmness level of 6, which is perfect for back sleepers. The Purple Mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial period, so you can try it out before you commit to it.
Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt Mattress – Best for Stomach Sleepers
The Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt Mattress is our top pick for the best mattress for stomach sleepers.
This mattress is made with memory foam and latex, which contours your body and provides excellent pressure relief.
It also has a firmness level of 7, which is perfect for stomach sleepers. The Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt Mattress comes with a 90-day risk-free trial period, so you can try it out before you commit to it.
Why a good mattress is essential during Pregnancy
Pregnant, you will spend a lot of time in bed. This makes it essential to have a comfortable and supportive mattress.
A good mattress can help to reduce the risk of back pain, neck pain, and other pregnancy-related aches and pains.
It can also help you get a better night’s sleep, which is essential for your and your baby’s health.
How to choose the right mattress for you
There are many factors to consider when choosing the right mattress for Pregnancy. The most important factor is support.
A pregnant woman needs a mattress that provides firm support for her back and hips and adequate cushioning. Another important consideration is size.
A woman’s body goes through many changes during Pregnancy, and she may need a larger bed than she did before. Finally, a pregnant woman should choose a comfortable mattress to help her get a good night’s sleep.
Soft mattresses do not put pressure on the back, providing increased comfort during sleep.
Our experts considered the pros and cons of such products and rated the highest quality soft mattresses. Here are the five best beds for Pregnancy.
5 Best Mattress For Pregnancy:
The softness of the mattress depends on the characteristics of the filler. On sale, there are spring and springless products with low stiffness.
The former evenly distributes the load and supports the back pointwise. So, see below the five best mattresses for Pregnancy.
Olee Sleep Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress:
The Olee Sleep Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress relieves back pain and is recommended for insomniacs, the elderly, and those who like to sleep on their side. This is one of the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
Two spring blocks are located inside the mattress, one above the other. Each spiral is in an individual case, so the elements do not touch and do not creak. The load is distributed pointwise – only in places of pressure. The production technology guarantees reliable fixation of the springs and prevents rapid wear.
Ch fillers with a porous structure and antibacterial properties. The blocks are reinforced with thermal felt and eco-floor. Above them are an orthopedic (5 cm) and a layer of memory (4 cm)—these modern high-tech fillers with a porous structure and antibacterial properties.
The upper layer forms corresponding to the selection height of 37 cm, allowable weight – of 180 kg.
The lush and dense stitching of the cover prevents the bed linen from slipping and makes you feel the highest comfort. Olee Sleep Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam, and Pocket Spring Mattress do not need to be turned over, as the “working” filler is on top.
Novilla Queen Size Mattress:
Novilla brand is designed for people who want to unwind after work. The accessory creates a beneficial microclimate in bed, promotes fast falling asleep, and improves sleep quality. This is one of the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
The core of the mattress is an hourglass spring block. The long spirals in the covers are independent and operate as efficiently as possible. Thanks to them, the surface keeps the spine in an anatomically correct position and prevents limb numbness.
The spring block is covered with elastic foam OrtoFoam. The artificial material perfectly adapts to the body’s curves and quickly restores its original shape. The cover stitched on the hallcon and orthopnea is impregnated with Aloe Vera antibacterial agent. The comfortable upper layer relieves muscle tension, tones the skin, and calms the nervous system.
The surface of the sleeping accessory resembles an elastic cloud. Independent springs reduce the load on the musculoskeletal system and prevent squeaking and wave effects, so the product is suitable for couples to relax together. The height of the mattress is 17 cm, and the expected load is 140 kg.
Read Next- Zinus 6-Inch Spring Mattress
LUCID 4-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress:
The LUCID 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress with soft and medium-hard sides provides anatomical support for the body and natural thermoregulation during rest. This is one of the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
The basis of a mattress — is the spring block with seven rigidity zones. Spirals placed in separate covers are not connected, giving an excellent orthopedic effect. The partnership is reinforced with a coconut latex board and embossed Relax Foam on one side. On the other hand, natural latex, polyurethane foam, and Relax foam.
The structure is reinforced with an orthopedic foam box around the perimeter. A cover made of the cotton jersey is figured quilted on the hall. The total height of the mattress is 24 cm, and it can withstand loads up to 120 kg.
LUCID 4-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is also great for people over 50. The accessory guarantees increased comfort for the sleeping place and reliable support for the spine.
Read Next – Best IKEA Spring Mattress
Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress:
Orthopedic mattress Zinus 12-Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress is designed for comfort lovers, pregnant women, and the elderly. It forms a comfortable sleeping place and eliminates allergic reactions and profuse sweating during sleep. This is one of the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
The bilateral mattress is constructed from different fillers. Softness is provided by 4 centimeters of viscoelastic memory foam, which adapts to the body’s contours and creates a feeling of comfort and weightlessness.
Medium hardness gives natural latex 10 cm thick with pronounced anatomical and orthopedic properties. Environmentally friendly materials allow air and moisture to pass through and do not make noise if a person tosses and turns in his sleep.
It is quilted on padding polyester, complemented by a zipper. The height of the mattress is 15 cm, and the allowable weight per bed is 100 kg. The product may be supplied on a roll.
Read Next – Olee Sleep Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam
Linenspa, 3 Inch Gel, Infused Memory Foam Mattress:
An accessory from the Linenspa brand is the best choice for people who toss and turn a lot, look for a comfortable position for relaxation for a long time, or cannot fall asleep due to stress. A soft elastic surface is helpful for back pain and various blood vessels and joint diseases. This is one of the best mattresses for Pregnancy.
The filler includes six layers of natural latex 3 cm thick each. The cellular structure of the raw material guarantees unhindered air circulation protects against overheating and does not accumulate moisture. Elastic, flexible plates are connected using glueless technology.
The model adjusts to the figure of the sleeper, relieving the load from the back and making the body take the correct physiological position. Cotton jacquard cover quilted on synthetic winterizer. There is a zipper on the side to remove the mattress topper.
The height of the product is 18 cm, and the recommended load is 120 kg. The optimal service life is ten years (within the normal range for natural latex). The filling gives the mattress airy, softness, and elasticity. This minimizes the risk of swelling and circulatory disorders at night.
Which type of mattress is best during Pregnancy?
As your belly grows during Pregnancy, finding a comfortable sleeping position becomes more difficult. You might experience aches and pains in your back and hips from lying in the same place for too long.
A pregnancy pillow can help alleviate some of these pains, but choosing the right mattress is also essential.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a mattress during Pregnancy:
- Firmness: A firmer mattress is often better during Pregnancy, as it supports your growing body. However, if you find a firm mattress too uncomfortable, other options are available, such as memory foam or latex mattresses, which are softer but still provide good support.
- Size: You might need a larger bed during Pregnancy, so consider buying a queen or king-size bed instead of a double. This will give you plenty of space to move around and get comfortable.
- Budget: Don’t spend more than you can afford on a mattress just because you’re pregnant. There are plenty of affordable options available that will still provide good support and comfort.
Generally, any mattress that provides good support and comfort is suitable for Pregnancy. However, some women find memory foam or latex mattresses most comfortable during this time.
Is it OK to lay in bed all day while pregnant?
There is no definitive answer to this question. Some women find lying in bed all day comfort and help them relax, while others find it challenging to stay in one position for too long.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual woman to decide what is best for her and her Pregnancy.
If you feel particularly tired or uncomfortable, lying down may help you feel better. Just be sure to listen to your body, get up, and move around when you feel restless.
Which side should pregnant lady sleep on?
There are a few things to consider when deciding which side to sleep on while pregnant. If you are experiencing nausea or vomiting, sleeping on your left side may help relieve these symptoms.
If you are having trouble sleeping at night, you may want to try sleeping on your right side. This position can help alleviate back pain and allow your stomach and intestines more space. Sleeping on your left side will also improve your heart and kidney circulation.
Is memory foam mattress safe during Pregnancy?
As your body changes during Pregnancy, it’s essential to have a mattress that will give you the support and comfort you need.
A memory foam mattress is an excellent option for pregnant women because it conforms to your body and relieves pressure.
Memory foam is made from polyurethane, which is a type of plastic. Some people are concerned about the safety of sleeping on a memory foam mattress during Pregnancy because of the chemicals used to make the foam.
However, memory foam mattresses are not known to off-gas or emit harmful chemicals, so they are considered safe for pregnant women.
If you’re concerned about sleeping on a memory foam mattress during Pregnancy, you can look for an organic or natural option.
These mattresses are made with natural materials and don’t contain any harmful chemicals.
Does bed affect Pregnancy?
There is a lot of debate surrounding the idea of whether or not bed rest during Pregnancy is beneficial.
While some believe it can help improve blood circulation and prevent pre-term labor, others argue that it can lead to more complications.
The reality is that there is no definitive answer regarding the effects of bed rest on Pregnancy. Every woman’s body is different, and what works for one may not work for another.
That being said, if you are pregnant and have been advised by your doctor to take bed rest, it is essential to follow their instructions.
Lying down during Pregnancy can help to ease some of the common discomforts experienced in Pregnancy, such as back pain and fatigue.
It can also allow you to bond with your baby and relax. Just be sure to listen to your body and get up when you need to move around.
Is a mattress topper good for Pregnancy?
A mattress topper can be a good investment for pregnant women. It can help to provide extra support for the back and stomach and can also help to reduce back pain.
Additionally, a mattress topper can help keep the body cooler during Pregnancy, which can benefit both mother and child.
Is it OK to foam roll back while pregnant?
If you are pregnant, it is generally safe to foam roll your back. However, you should avoid foam rolling over your abdomen or on your baby bump.
If you have any concerns or questions about foam rolling while pregnant, speak with your doctor or midwife first.
What if I accidentally slept on my back while pregnant?
If you accidentally slept on your back while pregnant, don’t worry! Although sleeping on your back is not ideal during Pregnancy, it is not harmful to you or your baby.
If you are worried about sleeping on your back during Pregnancy, you can do a few things to ensure you and your baby are comfortable.
First, try to sleep with a pillow under your knees to relieve some pressure off your back. You can also try sleeping in a reclined position or with pads propping you up from behind to help reduce the risk of rolling onto your back during the night.
Talk to your doctor or midwife if you are still concerned about accidentally sleeping on your back during Pregnancy.
They can provide you with more tips and advice on how to stay comfortable during Pregnancy.
When should I start using a pregnancy pillow?
If you are pregnant, you may start to experience some discomfort sleeping at night. A pregnancy pillow can help alleviate pain by supporting your body and aligning your spine.
The best time to start using a pregnancy pillow is when you notice these discomforts. For most women, this is around the second trimester. However, if you are experiencing severe back pain, it is best to consult with your doctor before using a pillow.
Is an extra firm mattress suitable for Pregnancy?
If you’re looking for an extra firm mattress for Pregnancy, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure the bed is comfortable for you.
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to comfort, so it’s essential to find a mattress that suits your needs. Second, consider the firmness of the bed.
A too-firm mattress can cause discomfort, so finding a balance between firmness and comfort is essential. Third, make sure the bed provides support for your back and hips.
Good support is essential during Pregnancy, so make sure the mattress you choose offers this. Finally, consider the price of the bed. An extra firm mattress may cost more than a softer one, but it’s essential to find a mattress that fits your budget.
What is the best way for a pregnant woman to sleep?
Sleeping on your side is the best way for pregnant women to sleep. This is because it takes the pressure off your back and spine and allows for better circulation.
You can also prop up your legs with pillows to take some pressure off your lower body.
Sleeping on your stomach is not recommended during Pregnancy as it can be hard on your back and put unnecessary pressure on your abdomen.
Moms on Call Sleep & Grow Crib Mattress | Infant to Toddler Dual Firmness | Supports Safe Sleep and Healthy Development | Hypoallergenic Foam | GREENGUARD Gold + CertiPUR-US Certified
- Grows with Baby: Dual-firmness foam baby mattress engineered for infant support and toddler comfort. A true Infant to toddler mattress which will complete your nursery
- Durability & Quality: 5.5” thick, high-quality breathable foam made from plant-based oils. You'll maneuver this standard-size crib mattress with ease; Lightweight design for easier sheet changes
- Fit & Crib Compatibility: Square corners help maintain tight-fitting sheets for a snug and safe fit. Fits all standard-size American cribs and toddler beds
- Safe for Baby: Soft cloth cover with naturally fire retardant flammability barrier. Cloth offers a breathable and cleanable surface that can be spot cleaned as needed
- Eco-Friendly: Hypoallergenic & phthalate free. GREENGUARD Gold + CertiPUR-US certified safe no harmful emissions. Prevent allergens and protect sensitive skin for an undisturbed night's sleep
Graco Premium Dual-Comfort 6-Inch Crib & Toddler Mattress – GREENGUARD Gold Certified, CertiPUR-US Certified, Dual-Sided Mattress for Infant & Toddler, Waterproof Sleep Surface, Machine-Washable Cover
6 used from $90.71
- DUAL-SIDED MATTRESS: Crib & toddler mattress is designed to grow with your baby; The smooth, firm side is recommended for the infant stage; Convoluted side is recommended for the toddler stage; Flip mattress from infant to toddler side as baby grows
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED, FORMALDEHYDE FREE CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air; Lab tested in environmental chambers and certified by UL to be free from formaldehyde
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATERPROOF COVER: Featuring an ultra-soft, removable, machine-washable outer cover with waterproof sleep surface; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: GREENGUARD Gold Certified; Formaldehyde Free Certified; JPMA Certified; Fiberglass free; Free of chemical flame retardants; Mattress arrives fully expanded, and ready to be placed into crib or toddler bed
- DIMENSIONS: Fits any standard full-size crib and toddler bed; L (52 in) x W (28 in) x H (6 in); Weight (12 lbs); Mattress core (100% polyurethane foam); Mattress cover (100% polyester); Backed by a 10-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
SleepOvation Baby Crib Mattress, Breathable Crib Mattress, Pressure Reduction Crib Mattress, Made in The USA with Safe Materials, 2 Stage Design Baby & Toddler Mattress, Removable Washable Cover
- The MOST Breathable Crib Mattress- The mattress features air channels for breathability as a part of its patented design to increase airflow and help prevent your baby from overheating, making it the most breathable mattress on the market today.
- Your Baby Will Sleep Longer and Safer- Rest easy knowing that your baby is sleeping soundly and longer on a mattress that is designed for ultimate comfort, higher airflow, and cooler sleep, while meeting the highest certified standards of safety.
- Alleviates Harmful Pressure on Your Baby's Head- Our mattress is designed to reduce the harmful pressure on the head that causes bruises, sores, and physical deformities in infants.
- Unmatched Cleanliness- For ease of care, the crib mattress is water-resistant (for breathability) on the infant side and waterproof on the toddler side. The zippered cover is removable and washable.
- 2-Stage Design- Our mattress grows with your baby. We are the only crib mattress that ensures proper spine alignment for both infants and toddlers. Simply flip to the toddler side when the time is right
There is no definitive answer to the best mattress for Pregnancy.
However, there are certain factors that you should keep in mind when choosing a mattress, such as firmness, support, and comfort.
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what type of mattress will work best during your Pregnancy.
Consult your doctor or midwife before purchasing if you have any questions or concerns.
Read Next – Best Roll-Up Mattress Twin Buying Guide